Q. How do I cite a conversation?
How do I cite a personal interview? How do I cite an email? How do I cite personal correspondence?
You only need to include five items in each Source List entry. This list is the same for all source types.
In the case of personal interaction, such as a webchat or a personal interview, you might include the following:
- Name of the person or organization with whom you spoke
- Date of correspondence (e.g., when you held the interview or received the email)
- Title of the source (e.g., email subject line)
- [No page numbers necessary for a non-print source]
- How you interacted (e.g., personal interview)
What are FAQs?
Our Library FAQs provide short answers to common questions to save you time. Each frequently asked question (FAQ) has a concise written answer and often an image or brief video. Many FAQs direct you to other pages of our library website, such as the following: